Corporations of all sizes today rely totally on the applications powering their businesses. Operation teams work 24/7/365 providing around-the-clock monitoring and support services to ensure those applications are running optimally, and more importantly prioritised as demand is required. Today’s modern infrastructure is becoming more agile, to flex up and down, as demand dictates, especially within deployed cloud technologies where cost efficiencies are truly controllable through demand. However, the lack of correlated visibility across the entire application delivery infrastructure often results in increased Mean-Time-To-Recovery (MTTR). In addition, you also have scenarios where support teams from different parts of the business, or multiple 3rd party vendors working in silos, have their own collective responsibility for areas within the application delivery path using their own tooling to monitor and analyse. This frequently then results in either a finger-pointing exercise as to where the problem, issue, or collective responsibility lies, with the most likely outcome of the root-cause analysis being ‘No Fault Found’.
So What’s the Solution?
The commonality of this kind of scenario is high within corporations who have outsourced their IT to multiple 3rd party service providers. It is particularly common place within public sector where even more silos of departmental outsourcing and security are prevalent. This is why Intergence looked into tackling these types of complex scenarios whereby big-picture views of the infrastructure delivery path of application performance data can be correlated and integrated from multiple data sources, for example; SNMP, NetFlow, DPI, etc. and then viewed in a customisable single-pane-of-glass (SPOG) interface.
The outcome of our R&D has been the introduction of our advanced 'Stratiam™ HA’iKU Stream Integration Engine' which, when deployed not only enables rapid root-cause identification and isolation of application performance bottlenecks, but also automatically builds a picture of the full end user experience.
The solutions that we can now deploy for our customers eliminate blind-spot areas of the application delivery infrastructure so as to enable visual insight into the end-to-end application performance removing any doubt, or frequent finger-pointing, of where the problem, or issues, reside.
The benefits for our service provider partners and customers are:
- Correlated infrastructure delivery path performance with greater insight into silo, or blind-spot areas of the end-to-end application flows, and real-time analysis visualisation.
- Ability to quickly diagnose the root-cause of performance bottlenecks that could adversely affect End User Response Time, and the overall end user experience.
- Significantly lowered MTTR by deploying with continuous traffic analysis and intra-domain blind-spot performance quickly isolates critical network and application traffic variances across the entire end-to-end application delivery infrastructure.
- Management and performance insight of the entire end-to-end digital infrastructure delivery path.
- SLA KPI compliance monitoring of 3rd party service providers.
*Note: A conservative estimate from Gartner pegs the hourly cost of downtime for computer networks at $42,000, so a company that suffers from worse than average downtime of 175 hours a year can lose more than $7 million per year. (Source: Gartner)
CONTACT INTERGENCE FOR YOUR FREE 2-DAY AUDIT ASSESSMENT OF YOUR INFRASTRUCTURE WORTH OVER £7k!
Press the Contact Button Below